Andrew Lynn will be considering the principal duties imposed on trustees, addressing certain common misconceptions about trustee decision making, explaining the problems with the current state of the law, and providing practical guidance to trustees on decision-making good practice in the upcoming webinar organised by the Chinese University of Hong Kong as part of its Property Law Seminar Series.
The details are as follows:
- Date: 23 June 2021 (Wednesday)
- Time: 6:00 – 7:00 pm (HKT)
- Mode of delivery: Online via ZOOM
- Registration Deadline: 5:00 pm, 22 June 2021
- * CPD credit is available upon application and subject to accreditation by the Law Society of Hong Kong (currently pending)
Stephen K Y Wong, former Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, will be addressing pressing issues on the the state of Ethical AI in Hong Kong together with other industry leaders at the upcoming Webinar organised by the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce on 22 April 2021 at 2:00 – 3:00 pm (HKT).
Click here for further information and booking details.
In the upcoming CPD e-Seminar on 17 December 2020 (Thursday) at 5:30 – 7:30 pm (HKT) with the Hong Kong Federation of Insurers (HKFI), Stephen K Y Wong will share insights on:
- (1) Statutory data protection provisions under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486, Laws of Hong Kong
- (2) Ethical data governance & stewardship on enhanced data protection prescribed / acknowledged internationally
- (3) What and how the proper balancing in terms of each of the statutory exemption are intended to work
For registration, please complete and return the Reply Slip to the HKFI by 15 December 2020 for their issuance of debit note.
In his upcoming virtual lecture on 19 November 2020 (Thursday) at 5:30 – 7:30 pm (HKT), Stephen K Y Wong will share insights on:
- Interpretation and implementation of the statutory data protection provisions under Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486, Laws of Hong Kong;
- Ethical good governance & stewardship on enhanced data protection prescribed/acknowledged internationally;
- What and how the proper balancing in terms of each of the statutory Exemptions are intended to work.
Click here to register, and you will receive a link to join the virtual lecture.
- Topic: Data exempted from Protection
- Date: 19 November 2020 (Thursday)
- Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Fee: Waived
- Language: English
- CPD points: 2 (The Law Society of Hong Kong)
In this webinar, Timothy Harry and Au Lut Chi will look into the common grounds for challenging the validity of a will or probate obtained. These include the importance of the testamentary capacity of the testator and the role of a solicitor in the preparation and execution of a will. The webinar will also cover topics such as how to construe a will, when can an executor or a beneficiary seek the Court’s guidance and Beddoe applications.
Click here to register.
The details are as follows:
- Date: 4 September 2020
- Time: 5:30p.m – 6:30p.m
- This webinar is FREE. Seats are limited.
- **CPD accreditation from the Law Society is being applied for**
Stephen K Y Wong, former Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, will share his insights with Anna Gamvros, Head of the Asia Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity practice of Norton Rose Fulbright, to reflect on the developments in the fast evolving data privacy and cybersecurity landscape during his time in office, in a Webinar on 2 September 2020 at 3:00 pm (HKT/SGT). Register here to join the discussion.