Our Stephen Wong, former Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, will be giving a webinar entitled “Everything You Wanted to Ask About Personal Information Protection Law and Its Impact on Hong Kong But Were Afraid to Ask – An Overview and Update on the PRC Personal Information Protection Law”, together with Mr Dominic Wai, partner of ONC Lawyers, on 29 April 2022 (Friday) at 5:00 – 6:30 pm. Click on the link to register or find out more.
Our Stephen Wong will discuss ethical issues and developments arising from the present use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in legal practice, in an upcoming Zoom Webinar entitled “Guidance on the Ethical Development and Use of Artificial Intelligence“, organised by the Hong Kong Academy of Law, together with Mr Amirali B Nasir.
The Zoom Webinar will explore (among other topical issues) relevant professional conduct rules and data privacy laws, and how these rules need to be implemented and developed in conjunction with possible future developments of AI, neural networks, quantum computers, machine learning, deep learning, etc.
The details of the Zoom Webinar are as follows:
- Date: 16 March 2022 (Wednesday)
- Time: 15:30 – 17:00 (HKT)
- Points: 1.5 CPD point
- Fee: $100
- Language: English
Click here for more details and online application.
The webinar will take place on 14 January 2022 (Friday) at 15:30 – 17:30 (HKT).
The webinar covers topical issues such as data as a tool and a weapon, information warfare, the weaponised web and National Security, where they occur and forms of occurrence, the recent amendments to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486), criminalization, scope of the new offences and extra-territoriality, new powers, and the first enforcement case on 13 December 2021, etc.
The webinar is in Cantonese, with presentation materials in English to be shared with participants after completion of the webinar.
2-Hours Insurance Authority CPD granted.
Stephen K Y Wong, former Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, will be addressing pressing issues on the the state of Ethical AI in Hong Kong together with other industry leaders at the upcoming Webinar organised by the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce on 22 April 2021 at 2:00 – 3:00 pm (HKT).
Click here for further information and booking details.
In the upcoming CPD e-Seminar on 17 December 2020 (Thursday) at 5:30 – 7:30 pm (HKT) with the Hong Kong Federation of Insurers (HKFI), Stephen K Y Wong will share insights on:
- (1) Statutory data protection provisions under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486, Laws of Hong Kong
- (2) Ethical data governance & stewardship on enhanced data protection prescribed / acknowledged internationally
- (3) What and how the proper balancing in terms of each of the statutory exemption are intended to work
For registration, please complete and return the Reply Slip to the HKFI by 15 December 2020 for their issuance of debit note.
In his upcoming virtual lecture on 19 November 2020 (Thursday) at 5:30 – 7:30 pm (HKT), Stephen K Y Wong will share insights on:
- Interpretation and implementation of the statutory data protection provisions under Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486, Laws of Hong Kong;
- Ethical good governance & stewardship on enhanced data protection prescribed/acknowledged internationally;
- What and how the proper balancing in terms of each of the statutory Exemptions are intended to work.
Click here to register, and you will receive a link to join the virtual lecture.
- Topic: Data exempted from Protection
- Date: 19 November 2020 (Thursday)
- Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Fee: Waived
- Language: English
- CPD points: 2 (The Law Society of Hong Kong)
In this webinar, Timothy Harry and Au Lut Chi will look into the common grounds for challenging the validity of a will or probate obtained. These include the importance of the testamentary capacity of the testator and the role of a solicitor in the preparation and execution of a will. The webinar will also cover topics such as how to construe a will, when can an executor or a beneficiary seek the Court’s guidance and Beddoe applications.
Click here to register.
The details are as follows:
- Date: 4 September 2020
- Time: 5:30p.m – 6:30p.m
- This webinar is FREE. Seats are limited.
- **CPD accreditation from the Law Society is being applied for**
Stephen K Y Wong, former Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, will share his insights with Anna Gamvros, Head of the Asia Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity practice of Norton Rose Fulbright, to reflect on the developments in the fast evolving data privacy and cybersecurity landscape during his time in office, in a Webinar on 2 September 2020 at 3:00 pm (HKT/SGT). Register here to join the discussion.