Arbitration, Chancery, Chinese Customary Law, Civil Law, Commercial Law, Company & Insolvency, Competition Law, Criminal Law, Land & Property Law, Mediation, Probate & Administration, Regulatory & Disciplinary, Tort & Personal Injuries
Hannah TangBack to Barrister search
Year of call: 2022 (Hong Kong)
Hannah is developing a broad civil and criminal practice. She is particularly interested in areas involving commercial litigations, lands, chancery matters and crimes. She puts sincere effort into every case.
Hannah obtained her LLB and PCLL from the University of Hong Kong. She joined Gilt Chambers in 2022. She had served marshalship to G Lam J (as the Hon Mr Justice G Lam JA then was) before commencing pupillage, and to the Hon Mr Justice Zervos JA at the early stage of her practice.
During her studies, she worked part-time at the HKU Clinical Legal Education Office and had experiences working with various silks, law firms, the Legal Aid Department and the Duty Lawyer Service. She also assisted in offering pro bono legal services in cases of diverse nature ranging from general civil to criminal appeal to the Court of Final Appeal.
Hannah had appeared as a sole advocate and led junior in various levels of Court. She is capable of providing written submissions and conducting hearings in both English and Chinese.
She accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: (+852) 6920 6903
PCLL, University of Hong Kong
LLB, University of Hong Kong
Judicial/Statutory Body or Other Appointments:
Standing Committee on Young Barristers, Hong Kong Bar Association (2023 - now)
English, Punti, Mandarin (Professional)
Cases involved in:
Jiu Rong Holdings Ltd and Ace Earn Ltd v Siu Chi Ming (HCA 1331/2023, HCA 1333/2023) (as sole counsel)
- Opposing Mareva injunction against the Defendant involving claims against the Defendant for an aggregated amount of more than HKD55M (return day)
2EZ ASIA PTE. LTD. and anor v Yin Bolin and anor (DCCJ 2461/2022) (with Mr. Au Lut Chi)
- Successfully obtained Mareva injunction against cross-border cyber fraudsters of a total sum of proceeds of SGD401,000
Evrochoice International Limited v Superstar International (Group) Limited (HCA 520/2023) (as sole counsel) (on-going)
- Claims for HKD4M under a service agreement (related to validity of letter of credit)
- Opposing counterclaim for USD676,196 (equivalent to approx. HKD5.3M)
Tung Wing Tea Products Company Limited v Ng Chun Wah and anor (HCA 476/2022) (as sole counsel)
- Jurisdictional dispute. Successfully prevented parts of the claim from being separated from the main claims (interlocutory)
Lau Wai Kwong v Lau Cheung Kam Ling Margaret née Cheung, Kam Ling Margaret  4 HKC 189 (led by Mr. Jason Pow SC and with Mr. Au Lut Chi)
- Successfully obtained judgment after trial opposing rectification of a consent order involving matrimonial pool of assets of more than HKD8ooM based on the doctrine of mistake
Chau Ka Hung v Chung Chun Hon  HKDC 1259 (as sole counsel)
- Personal injuries (trial)
The Incorporated Owners of Kwai Fong Terrace v Chan Lai Mei trading as Lui Kee (DCCJ 4014/2015) (as sole counsel) (on-going)
- Adverse possession (trial)
LY v FCJMR (FCMC 9580/2016) (as sole counsel) (on-going)
- Relocation and variation of care and control (trial)
- Advised on international wealth management, cross-border probate administrations, trademark infringement, passing-off, applications under the Mental Health Ordinance (Cap. 136)